Navigation überspringen
Our company history

Chronicle

How it all began...

1950
In the 1950s, company founder Maximilian Berger, one of 12 siblings, took over his parents' horse and carriage business, with its two horses and an ox. This included transportation of various products including coal, wood, luggage and postal packages.

1954
... saw the business go motorized. A new tractor manufactured by "Güldner" (30 hp) was now used to provide transportation services.

Photo from 1959
Photo from 1959
From 1959

1955
... Max Berger began working hard to build a taxi business around his new Chevrolet (De-Luxe 95 hp). In the following years, he acquired permits to provide rental, taxi and transportation services as well as operate a travel agency.

Excursions with the VW fleet
Excursions with the VW fleet
Excursions with the VW fleet
Photo from 1960
Photo from 1960
Back in 1960
Excursions with the VW fleet
Excursions with the VW fleet
Excursions with the VW fleet

1970
In the 1970s, work began on building offices in the center of Schladming. The family business grew bigger and bigger. The Chevrolet was eventually replaced by Volkswagen minibuses!

Photo from 1970
Photo from 1970
From 1970

1971
... The family began transporting milk cans by truck (Steyrer 380) from Ober- and Untertal to the central collecting point at the train station in Schladming. These activities were of great importance to the farmers of the Tauern valleys since Max Berger was not only bringing milk to the valley, he was also delivering bread and newspapers at the same time. The daily transportation of post for Schladming and Ramsau was also done with the tractor. The owner continued to deliver the milk himself all the way until 1991.

1971 - guided tours are offered
1971 - guided tours are offered
1971 - guided tours are offered
Excursions with the VW fleet
Excursions with the VW fleet
Excursions with the VW fleet
1971 - guided tours are offered
1971 - guided tours are offered
1971 - guided tours are offered

1974
... sees completion of the business office in the center of Schladming.

Taxi Maxi in summer 1977
Taxi Maxi in summer 1977
Taxi Maxi in summer 1977
in summer 1978
in summer 1978
in summer 1978
VW fleet in summer 1978
VW fleet in summer 1978
VW fleet in summer 1978
Guest pick-up at the train station in summer 1979
Guest pick-up at the train station in summer 1979
Guest pick-up at the train station in summer 1979

1990
Various investments were made: Caravelle VW buses were bought for the taxi business and a travel agency was opened.

Taxi Maxi in May 1980
Taxi Maxi in May 1980
Taxi Maxi in May 1980
Taxi Maxi in June 1980
Taxi Maxi in June 1980
Taxi Maxi in June 1980
Taxi Maxi in August 1980
Taxi Maxi in August 1980

1999
Three new apartments with all the comforts are added in the main building.

2000
A more modern truck is purchased.

2001
After the sudden and unexpected loss of company owner Max Berger, his daughter Silvia Berger took over having already managed her parents' business for several years. For the next 10 years, she continued to run the Taxi Maxi company with complete dedication!

2003
Two more modern, larger apartments were added on the second floor.

2005
Expansion continued on the third floor, where a large apartment was built.

2011
The old "egg garage" was turned into beautiful apartments. Our newly remodeled office moved to the ground floor, making it easier for our customers to get to.

In autumn, our senior owner handed over the business to her daughter Monja Berger. She is now the third generation of the family to run the company.

2012
All of the windows and heat insulation features as well as balconies at the Taxi Maxi apartments were replaced.

"die Bergerin" – still home to Taxi Maxi
"die Bergerin" – still home to Taxi Maxi
"die Bergerin" – still home to Taxi Maxi

2013
The 2013 Ski World Championships kept the entire team on the go around the clock! Remodeling work began in autumn. A dormer was created in the attic, while "Suite Dachsteinblick" was given a whole new look.


"die Bergerin" | Appartements Schladming | Schulgasse 616, A-8970 Schladming | +43 3687 22300 | nfpprtmnts-schldmngcm

This website uses cookies. By using the website, you consent to the use of cookies. Further information